Jagerberg opened in 2018 in Hunter, NY - the heart of the Catskill Mountains. Jagerberg is located at 7722 Main Street, directly across the road from the Hunter Mountain Ski area and is centrally located in the beautiful Catskill Mountains. Ski, hike and enjoy the outdoors during the day, then come work at a busy, fun beer hall and tavern in the evening. We are currently hiring for the following positions.
As a food runner at Jagerberg you will be responsible for getting plates of food from the kitchen to the tables quickly and efficiently. You will work closely with kitchen staff as well as with the servers and bartender.
As a food runner you need to be able to:
- Carry 3 or more plates of food at one time
- Learn table and seat numbers so you can deliver the right plate to the right diner
- Support both FOH and BOH staff with prepping, cleaning and setting up for service.
Pay is hourly PLUS tips.
Pantry & Prep (Garde Manger)
As a pantry and prep person (Garde Manger) at Jagerberg, you will be part of the kitchen team helping to do prep work before service, and making salads, cheese and meat boards and desserts at the pantry station during service. If you are interested in cooking and working in a restaurant, this is a great place to start!
- Basic knife skills
- Learn the pantry station and stock it before each shift and put it away after the shift is
- Ability to work on a team in an open and face paced kitchen
- Have the motivation to learn and grow
- Prep ingredients needed for your station
- Keep stations neat, organized, clean
- Become extremely familiar and well versed about entire menu
- Quickly prepare salads, appetizers and desserts that are part of the pantry station
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $14 - $17 per hour depending on experience
Food & Beverage Servers
We’re looking for 2 part-time servers to add to our front of house team. Ideally you will have experience working in a fast paced, casual but professional restaurant. Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits is a plus, and you should be interested in or have knowledge about German and Alpine cuisine. You will receive training on both the food and drink menu. Hourly wage plus tips.